Serving Size: 4
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
½ lb. Kale (Preferably Lacinato Kale)
¼ cup Lemon Flavored Olive Oil (more if needed)
1/4 - 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
Black Pepper (Finely ground)
- Be sure Kale is fresh and crisp; wash thoroughly in cold water
- Using a sharp knife, cut along the spine (main stem) on either side to the tip. This results in two long strips. Cut each strip in half at a 90-degree angle to the original cut, making 4 pieces. Dry pieces of Kale by blotting each piece with paper towels.
- Rub olive oil on pieces of Kale (both sides)
- Place Kale pieces on an aluminum foil -covered baking sheet and place in a pre-heated 275 degree F oven for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top of each leaf, garlic and onion powder; salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to oven for approximately 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool down before eating.
*Other spices can be used.