Spinach Cheese Squares
Jennifer Holmes Bowen, Posted in Recipes for India
Serving Size: 6
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 55 mins
16 oz Cottage Cheese
2 Large Eggs
4 Egg Whites
1/4 cup Chopped Green Onions
2 oz Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
3 tbsp Butter, melted
1tbsp All-Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
1/4 tsp Freshly-Ground Black Pepper
1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
20 oz Frozen Spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
1 oz Freshly-Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, eggs, egg whites, and green onions until well combined. Mix in cheddar cheese, melted butter, flour, salt, garlic, black pepper, and red pepper flakes until thoroughly mixed. Fold in the drained spinach.
- Pour cheese/spinach mixture into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the top with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake approximately 45 to 55 minutes or until the top is golden. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Cut into small squares. Serve either at room temperature or warm.
- This can be made ahead of time, refrigerated or frozen, and reheated in oven before serving.
*Makes 30 small squares for appetizers or 6 large squares for brunch.