WOMEN’S MINISTRY VISION
Train, equip, and release women in their gifts, skills, and talents that they may grow in their individual relationship with the Lord, and learn to live and function as a healthy and empowered member of the Gateway family and the Church as a whole.
We will accomplish this in the following ways:
Monthly Prayer & Worship
A time that always leaves room for God to move, and for our individual passion for the Lord to become contagious to those around us. Check the current events page for the schedule. Makes room for intercessors to move in their gift.
Group Bible Study
A time to learn the Word of God together, challenge each other to spend time in the Word, and encourage each other with the Word in areas where we need to grow. Makes room for those with the teaching gift, to practice and gain experience in that gift. Makes room for those with coaching skills to offer their services to those who are ready to tackle and overcome their area of weakness / shortcomings.
Through the use of books, DVD’s, etc, we will receive from teachers, preachers, and prophets who are releasing relevant messages for the growth and expansion of the Body of Christ; messages that support the mission of Gateway as a whole. Makes room for those with leadership abilities to facilitate and direct the flow of learning.
Give women the opportunity to hear from God directly as well as through ministry from one another as we separate ourselves from the business and responsibilities of life for a short time. Makes room for those with the gifts / skills of teaching, mercy, intercession, coaching, and deliverance ministry (SOZO) to operate. Gives opportunity for discipling relationships to start.
Women's Fellowship Breakfasts
Give women the opportunity to gather and connect spiritually with one another in order to form friendships and develop discipleship relationships. Childcare is always provided. The cost is $10 per person in advance (no at door registrations). Check the current events page for the dates. Makes room for those with the gift of hospitality to create an environment that makes room for fellowship.
Fun Group Activities
Opportunities to learn to enjoy life with other believers, and to expand our capacity to love one another, despite / because of our differences.
Making use of the tools already provided by the church that offer avenues of personal growth and freedom: SOZO, Coaching, Gateway School of Ministry, Gateway School of Transformation, Marriage Legacy Groups, Transformation Prayer Ministry, Healing Rooms, and Singles Ministry.
Small Groups / DISCIPLESHIP GROUPS
Give women the opportunity to connect with those in their demographic area in order to establish discipling relationships for the purpose of encouraging the work Holy Spirit is doing in our lives. By asking the Five Questions & setting SMART Goals (see below), the group participants will do life together as they connect relationally, see journey, and attain destiny. Makes room for anyone who desires to encourage others in their walk with the Lord, and receive encouragement in return. Allows the use of coaching skills.
The “5” Questions:
- What is the most amazing thing you have seen God do since we last met? (The purpose of this question is to help us live more aware of what God is doing and not focus on what He isn’t doing.)
- What are you reading in the bible and how is it shaping the way you think? (The purpose of this question is to utilize scriptures and other resources to develop the mind of Christ, to live with a renewed mind so that our lives are shaped by God’s word and Spirit.)
- Have you prayed with anyone outside your normal circle of friends and family? (The purpose of this questions is to develop a lifestyle where I live “on mission” no matter where I am or what time of day it is. I am “on call” for God ready to love and serve at a moment’s notice.)
- What is the most significant spiritual realization that you are stewarding right now? (The purpose of this question is to know what season we are in so we can wholeheartedly give ourselves to it.)
- With whom can I share the answer to question 4? (The purpose of this question is so that my lifestyle and testimony can be a source of courage and breakthrough for another.)
- Specific - Can you state specifically what you are going to do?
- Measurable - How can you quantify so we will know when you have achieved it?
- Attainable - Is it within your capability and does it depend on you?
- Relevant - Do you care enough about this goal to make it a priority?
- Time Specific - By when will your goal be achieved?